|Dr. Jui Shankar||Major/Minor||4||Psychology Major/Minor||3|
This course provides a comprehensive overview of social psychological phenomenon. History, theory, and methods specific to social psychology will be discussed as part of this course.
- Students will be able to identify the many of the theories and principles that underlie social psychology.
- Students will be able to examine and identify how to think about and study human behavior.
- Students will have the tools to understand and critically examine psychological research.
- Students will be able to identify application of social psychological research to solve real-world problems.
- Lastly, students will be able to analyze different situations one encounters in everyday life!
- Interactive class discussions on every concept. Small class size
- Use of articles, news clipping, videos, etc. to further explain concept i.e. enable a practical understanding of the concept.
- Classroom exercises
- Evaluations are conducted throughout the semester to ensure that the students’ learning outcomes are appraised.
Students are expected to –
- Complete all required reading for each scheduled class as per the course outline,
- Actively participate in class activities and discussions, and
- Complete all evaluative processes for successful course completion!