|Suchitra Date||Major/Minor||4||Psychology Major/Minor||3|
In this course, students will be able to demonstrate understanding and knowledge at a foundational level concerning the cultural, social and historical contingency of crime. Students will be able to demonstrate understanding and knowledge at a foundational level concerning criminological theories. Students will be able to demonstrate understanding of criminalizing processes according to categories such as (though not limited to) race, gender, and age. Students will be able to demonstrate understanding and knowledge at a foundational level concerning different aspects of parapsychology.
- To provide students an opportunity to examine about factors that influence the human experience.
- To identify and illustrate criminological theories and the nature of crime in society, with an understanding of crime and criminal behavior from varying perspectives.
- Lastly, to outline and appraise social pathology, social construction of crime and violence and issues of prevention and access to justice.
- Parapsychology provides the beginner student ways to categorize areas that include history (history of psychology and of science), psychology, magic, psychical research, spiritualism, critical thinking and other sciences.
- The interactive and discussion mode of teaching is aimed at a thorough comprehension and application of the concepts within the course.
- The study of socio-cultural anthropology will forge critical reasoning and analytical skills with the help of case studies from across cultures.
- Audio-visual aids are incorporated to reinforce concepts.
- Reading and discussion of research papers / book chapters are incorporated within the class structure so as to reinforce and ensure that students are abreast with literature n the subject.
- Self-study forms a part of the teaching pedagogy.
Students are expected to –
- Complete all required reading for each scheduled class as per the course outline,
- Actively participate in class activities and discussions, and
- Complete all evaluative processes for successful course completion!