|Shyama Dutta||Major/Minor||4||Media Studies Major/Minor||IV|
This module is designed for the layperson to understand and become sensitive to visuals and sound used across media. It is an introduction to visual communication and aural communication, using perceptual, physiological, psychological, cultural concepts. The course focuses on visual awareness and processing as key elements in effective communication. It course aims at enhancing a students’ abilities in understanding ways of seeing and hearing, thus becoming stronger media professionals.
- Create essential visuals and audio treatment needed in media
- Bring in the ability to cope with the practical aspects of the later media courses
- Balances visual, technical, creative flair with an awareness of the realities of the commercial world, enhancing real professional credibility
- Study of theory, understanding of basic concepts relating to aesthetics.
- Interactive audio-visual, print and other media content
- Discussion and doing mode of teaching, critical debates, actual drawing and tracing, to create a thorough comprehension and application of the concepts
- Content and Design analysis, for critical and creative reasoning.
- Case studies analysis
Students are expected to –
- Complete all required reading for each scheduled class as per the course outline,
- Actively participate in class activities and discussions, and
- Complete all evaluative processes for successful course completion!