|Mr. Gokul Narayan||General||4||None||Any|
The course on Intellectual Property Rights covers all aspects of creations of the intellect: Images, names, inventions, literary works, artistic works etc. It also addresses new and upcoming areas of Intellectual Property (IP) like Biotechnology, Domain Names, Creative Commons, etc. This course has been designed to give the students a holistic understanding of the subject. What is IP? How is it created? How is it protected? - are a few of the key questions which will be discussed during this course.
Students in this course will be able to –
- Get a holistic understanding of the complexities involved in the process of attributing intellectual property rights to people.
- Learn the legalities of intellectual property to avoid plagiarism and other IPR relates crimes like copyright infringements, etc.
The course is conducted mostly through interaction based lecture method. Various reading material in the form of printouts and power point presentations will be distributed before every lecture. The students also conduct case studies.
Students are expected to –
- Complete all required reading for each scheduled class as per the course outline,
- Actively participate in class activities and discussions, and
- Complete all evaluative processes for successful course completion!