|Mr. Danesh Gojer||Major / Minor||4||Business Stu. Major / Minor||III|
This introductory paper to the Business Studies Major / Minor will focus on communication in general and communication in organisations in particular. Topics covered will include open and effective communication, barriers to communication, nonverbal communications, organisational theory, organisational strategy, etc.
Students in this course will be able to –
- Think and communicate like managers.
- Improve their decision making skills looking at the situation in hand.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the working of an organisation.
The course is conducted mostly through interaction based lecture method, with regular class leads by the students, discussions, film screenings, etc. The students also conduct case studies.
Students are expected to –
- Complete all required reading for each scheduled class as per the course outline,
- Actively participate in class activities and discussions, and
- Complete all evaluative processes for successful course completion!