|Ms. Suchismita Ray||Core||4||None||Any|
Statistics is a tool that is required in undertaking research projects in most social and natural sciences. This course will introduce students to the basics of statistics and the different statistical tools that can be used in problem solving.
- Strengthen fundamental knowledge and understanding of the principles and nature of statistics.
- Provide a formal quantitative approach to problem solving
- Develop the skills to select, apply and use a wide variety of statistical and quantitative techniques in other areas of knowledge and in the real-world context.
- Develop logical , critical and creative thinking, and patience and persistence in problem-solving
The course will involve white board / presentation teaching by the professor (one-to-many approach). The students will also conduct primary surveys and learn to apply the tools of statistics in solving the problems.
Students are expected to –
- Complete all required reading for each scheduled class as per the course outline,
- Actively participate in class activities and discussions, and
- Complete all evaluative processes for successful course completion!