|Ajit Abhyankar||Major/Minor||4||Pol.Sci. Major/Minor|
Nowadays the political processes are centered on identity politics bringing State Politics to the forefront. Center-State relations move beyond the political and economic sphere and are impacting social relations to smaller units of family and self. This paper will cover financial relations between the Center and the State and measure its impact.
The purpose of the paper is to help the students:
- Appraise the rationale and efficacy of the linguistic states in India
- Examine the contemporary political dynamics of region, language vis a vis the development of the Indian polity
- Analyse the challenges and issues in the context of globalized economic system
- Distinguish the intricacies as well as infer the roots of the current issues and stresses in the regionalized political process after 1990s.
- Identify the challenges before India as a nation state and its political economy in the globalized world.
- Interactive class discussions on every concept. Small class size
- Use of articles, news clipping, videos, etc. to further explain concept i.e. enable a practical understanding of the concept.
- Evaluations are conducted throughout the semester to ensure that the students’ learning outcomes are appraised.
Students are expected to –
- Complete all required reading for each scheduled class as per the course outline,
- Actively participate in class activities and discussions, and
- Complete all evaluative processes for successful course completion!