|Sandip Bhaise||Major/Minor||4||Psychology Major/Minor|
This course introduces you to a broad range of theories and research methods in understanding personality. We will begin with an introduction to the field of personality psychology; turn to the research methods used to investigate theories of personality; and finally, cover a variety of theories that present diverse perspectives on personality. This link between theories and research methods will be a major theme throughout this course because the theories that personality psychologists hold greatly influence the types of research strategies they use.
- Students will be able to understand the philosophical assumptions that underlie major theories of personality.
- Students will learn the basic components of the human and animal learning.
- Students will learn and understand the application of these theories to future careers in psychology.
- Lastly, to help student’s understand situations one encounters in everyday life!
- Interactive class discussions on every concept. Small class size
- Use of articles, news clipping, videos, etc. to further explain concept i.e. enable a practical understanding of the concept.
- Classroom exercises
- Evaluations are conducted throughout the semester to ensure that the students’ learning outcomes are appraised.
Students are expected to –
- Complete all required reading for each scheduled class as per the course outline,
- Actively participate in class activities and discussions, and
- Complete all evaluative processes for successful course completion!