|Sulakshana Sen||Major/Minor||4||International Relations Major/Minor|
The past decade has been witness to India’s rise as a major power in the multipolar world. This naturally calls for understanding the influences, nuances and content of India’s foreign policy as it has shaped over the years.
- This course will examine the principles and phases of foreign policy in India.
- The course will also analyze and appraise issues such as regionalism, nuclear politics, soft power diplomacy and trade.
- The students, though case studies will identify and outline the dilemmas and successes faced by India in her international relations.
- Interactive class discussions on every concept. Small class size
- Use of articles, news clipping, videos, etc. to further explain concept i.e. enable a practical understanding of the concept.
- Evaluations are conducted throughout the semester to ensure that the students’ learning outcomes are appraised.
Students are expected to –
- Complete all required reading for each scheduled class as per the course outline,
- Actively participate in class activities and discussions, and
- Complete all evaluative processes for successful course completion!