|Anil Agashe||Major/Minor||4||Business Studies Major/Minor|
The knowledge of financial principles is advantageous to managers in practically every business discipline. This course provides an introduction to the theory, the methods, and the concerns of business finance.
The basic concepts of the time value of money, valuation and rates of return, cost of capital and capital budgeting are covered. Students will learn how capital markets function, about different types of securities and financing instruments that exist, and how to manage cash flow risk, working capital management, leverage, forecasting, and the analysis of financial statements and ratios are given particular attention.
- Obtain basic financial math skills and a strong foundation to financial management concepts.
- Prepare students on elementary theory for subsequent course work in finance.
- Lectures and Guest lectures
- Readings followed by discussions
- Viewing of films
- Case studies
Students are expected to –
- Complete all required reading for each scheduled class as per the course outline,
- Actively participate in class activities and discussions, and
- Complete all evaluative processes for successful course completion!