|Sudha Krishnamurthy||Major/Minor||4||Business Studies Major/Minor|
This course will cover basics of Human resource management (HRM), and will proceed to cover organizational strategy, the dynamics of an HRM environment, aspects of staffing and recruitment, performance management and Human Resource Information Systems
Students will be able to:
- Understand and discuss basic human resources concepts including recruitment and staffing, employee relations, performance assessment, learning and development, rewards management, human resources information systems, strategic planning for Human Resource Management (HRM).
- Discuss and understand HRM for both large and small businesses. Aspects of working with labor unions, international firms, diversity, safety and health at work are also discussed.
- Analyze the contribution of HR to business success.
- Debate the importance of HR in business strategy.
- Analyze and plan the HR needs of an organization.
- Understand end-to-end process of HRM for large and small organizations.
- Lectures and Guest lectures
- Readings followed by discussions
- Viewing of films
- Case studies
Students are expected to –
- Complete all required reading for each scheduled class as per the course outline,
- Actively participate in class activities and discussions, and
- Complete all evaluative processes for successful course completion!