|Anita Patankar||Major/Minor||4||Business Studies Major/Minor|
Information Technology in contemporary firms has clearly assumed Strategic proportion. IT is a strategic enabler which has shown how it can transform businesses, disrupt existing business models, and provide competitive edge. No wonder innovating how businesses work with the help of IT is major mantra for most companies. It is therefore essential that non-technical people also understand how IT plays a role in various sectors.
This course is integrative and interdisciplinary and brings together elements of strategy, marketing and operations management. The course will focus not on the technology itself but on the use of technology by managers.
Students will be able to:
- Understand the importance of IT in the overall Business Strategy.
- How to analyze and plan the IT needs of an organization.
- How IT can be deployed as a tool for competitive advantage.
- Understand the laws pertaining to the use of IT.
- Lectures and Guest lectures
- Readings followed by discussions
- Viewing of films
- Case studies
Students are expected to –
- Complete all required reading for each scheduled class as per the course outline,
- Actively participate in class activities and discussions, and
- Complete all evaluative processes for successful course completion!