|Sudha Krishnamurthy||Major/Minor||4||Economics Major/Minor||4|
In this course the following will be covered- Development of Macroeconomics: Schools of Thought, The Goals of Macroeconomic Policy, Basic Concepts and relationships among macroeconomic variables
Circular Flow of Income, Aggregate Demand and Supply, Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Rational Expectations Equilibrium Approach, Post Keynesian Macroeconomics, Financial System of India and concepts of Inflation and Unemployment.
- Identify and discuss the basic fundamentals of Macroeconomics, related aggregates and the IS LM framework
- Infer the various concepts in macroeconomics and its relevance in the modern day scenario.
- Identify basic tools for Macroeconomic analysis.
- To enable students to understand, formulate, summarize and analyse economic data.
- Interactive class discussions on every concept. Small class size
- Use of articles, news clipping, videos, etc. to further explain concept i.e. a practical understanding regarding the concept.
- Evaluations are conducted throughout the semester to ensure that the students’ outcomes are appraised.
Students are expected to –
- Complete all required reading for each scheduled class as per the course outline,
- Actively participate in class activities and discussions, and
- Complete all evaluative processes for successful course completion!