|Sudha Krishnamurthy||Major/Minor||4||Economics Major/Minor||4|
In the course, we will cover the importance of learning the principles of money, banking and finance, the history and evolution of money, Quantity Theory of Money and Demand and various approaches therein, the Financial system and Central Banking and Supply of Money and Capital Markets and NBFC’s.
- To relate to the understanding of the monetary, financial and banking developments in India and rest of the world.
- To appraise core aspects of each field of money, banking and finance.
- Interactive class discussions on every concept. Small class size
- Use of articles, news clipping, videos, etc. to further explain concept i.e. a practical understanding regarding the concept.
- Evaluations are conducted throughout the semester to ensure that the students’ outcomes are appraised.
Students are expected to –
- Complete all required reading for each scheduled class as per the course outline,
- Actively participate in class activities and discussions, and
- Complete all evaluative processes for successful course completion!