|Shyama Dutta||Major/Minor||4||Media Studies Major/Minor||V|
This is an overview of what makes a journalist. It introduces students to the aspects of journalism as it is practiced in the world of media.
- To be aware of a the functioning of a newspaper
- Developing journalistic writing styles
- Understand design and layout of the newspaper
- Study of theory, understanding of basic concepts relating to aesthetics.
- Interactive audio-visual, print and other media content
- Discussion and doing mode of teaching, critical debates, actual drawing and tracing, to create a thorough comprehension and application of the concepts
- Content and Design analysis, for critical and creative reasoning.
- Case studies analysis
Students are expected to –
- Complete all required reading for each scheduled class as per the course outline,
- Actively participate in class activities and discussions, and
- Complete all evaluative processes for successful course completion!