|Dr. Shweta S Deshpande||General||4||None||Any|
Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder....”
What is Art and when did man begin to produce works of Art? When did Art evolve for the sake of Art? When did Art go beyond being a part of objects of everyday existence like beautifully made and painted pots and pans, jewellery etc.?
An artist’s creation while reflecting his personal perception of an object or an event is always affected by the needs of society. Over time this has led to the creation of different styles or schools of art right from the prehistoric to the present.
Students in this course will be able to –
- Demonstrate a theoretical and philosophical understanding of the concept of art, aesthetic and the expressive culture.
- Differentiate between the various art-forms
- Demonstrate an understanding of the development of art and the history of art in Europe and India.
The course is conducted mostly through interaction based lecture method, with regular class leads by the students, class discussion etc. The students also produce works of art of various forms.
Students are expected to –
- Complete all required reading for each scheduled class as per the course outline,
- Actively participate in class activities and discussions, and
- Complete all evaluative processes for successful course completion!