|Mr. Ashutosh Parasnis||General||4||None||Any|
The Creativity and Innovation Course combines theory and experiential assignments to introduce students to the main concepts of creativity and innovation. It will explore their crucial importance to individuals, organizations, and the entrepreneurial process. Students will be introduced to a few tools to promote creativity within themselves and others, processes to increase innovation, how to contribute to a creative team, how to manage creativity, and how to establish a culture of creativity within an organization. As a result, students will have greater understanding of and appreciation for the creative/innovative processes and be better able to harness and direct those forces for themselves and others. This course provides students an approach to contribute in a unique and productive way to today’s entrepreneurial and organizational demands.
Students in this course will be able to –
- Understand Creativity and apply elementary tools for encouraging individual and group creativity.
- Differentiate between the creative person, process, product and environment.
- Learn what Creative Thinking Styles mean
- Define the aspects of the “intersection” and its importance in innovation.
- Explain the key aspects of the innovative process.
- Validate why creativity and innovation are important for entrepreneurial and corporate growth.
- Personal Innovation- Explain the primary dimensions of the 7 Levels of Change.
- List major barriers to managing creativity and innovation.
- List primary management techniques to facilitate creativity and innovation.
- Specify ways an organization can encourage and discourage a culture of creativity and innovation.
The course is conducted mostly through interaction based lecture method, with regular class leads by the students, group activities to come up with creative solutions for day to day problems in the professional environment, etc. The students also conduct case studies.
Students are expected to –
- Complete all required reading for each scheduled class as per the course outline,
- Actively participate in class activities and discussions, and
- Complete all evaluative processes for successful course completion!