The course seeks to focus on aspects of the Indian past that aren’t dead and gone but continue to persist in the present, shape it and influence it. It will focus on the influence of Buddhism and Sufism on India, celebration of unity and the negation of diversity in India and the caste system among others.
Students in this course will be–
- Acquainted with the various interactions between the past and the present
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the methods used by a historian to understand the past.
The course is conducted mostly through interaction based lecture method, with regular class leads by the students, class discussions, film screenings, case studies etc.
Students are expected to –
- Complete all required reading for each scheduled class as per the course outline,
- Actively participate in class activities and discussions, and
- Complete all evaluative processes for successful course completion!