Engage With Questions...
We live in a world that seems to be forever changing….a new world with dynamic challenges that requires young enthusiastic adults capable of playing positive and fruitful roles in organizations and communities.
The Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts strongly believes in the importance of a more comprehensive education as preparation for career advancement and for the exercise of leadership. We believe organizations and society have an urgent need for creative individuals who will readily learn on the job, after having been more broadly prepared by a comprehensive educational background.
Based on our experiences with the liberal arts in the last 6 years, we know that a sound liberal arts education provides a much needed cultural orientation to the world in which we live and will equip students with ideas, analytical and communication skills, and global perspectives, as well as the ability to synthesize knowledge and make informed value judgments.
The 4 year bachelor degree program that we offer helps students learn the skills, attitudes and abilities that are necessary today to grow into leaders of substance and be happy and successful in their future personal, community and organizational lives.
Engage With Questions... Enduring And Contemporary...
I welcome you to a school with a difference.
A challenging learning environment is a prerequisite for any kind of significant learning to take place.
SSLA offers you:
- A small class size (not more than 15 in an elective class).
- Interaction with faculty and experts from all walks of life.
- A place where we all can think about and discuss the big questions….new and old….leading to a critically appreciative perspective on life and society.
- A much needed multi-disciplinary learning approach (where learning is actually fun!)
- An exciting range of courses from Music to Literature, Archaeology to Films, World Economics to Science and more. Major and complementary minor areas of specialization from the interesting streams of science, math, humanities, social sciences, the arts, language and literature giving you a more holistic education and a 360 degree view of the world.
- Revolutionary systems of assessment and evaluation that will ensure you actually learn!
- Casestudies, discussions, film screenings, visits, study tours, projects and presentations to make the courses lively, interesting and conducive to active learning.
Taking active cues from the world around us and the hundreds of interactions we have had with teachers, students, accreditation agencies, business leaders, alumni and parents, the school offers you a real opportunity to:
- Gain confidence in your intellectual skills and academic abilities
- Push the envelope with your creative and critical powers
- Be quantitatively literate
- Be computer literate
- Be an active part of synergistic teams
- Be a problem solver
- Be tuned into community issues and take your civic engagement responsibly
- Be clear about your ethical reasoning
- Be confident in approaching complex problems and new issues
- Learn how to learn